Click to enlarge

posted on 24/8/2020 20:13I know one of the people named in Pogrund's book - Gramsci.

And they say that the events described around them did not happen. Just did not happen.*

Also, the part about Labour staffers heroically persuading the tv company not to broadcast footage from the "Oatcake barge" has already been deleted from the piece because it was just not true.  I watched the entire footage of it... it's just absolutely normal stuff, nothing any more embarrassing than any set piece photocall.

Mostly tripe.

There may be some threads of truth - there would have to be - e.g. the tensions around brexit policy and McDonnel/Corbyn tensions.  There is no doubt that the brexit policy change** and (analysis now shows) the implosion of the liberals are the two main reasons Labour lost so many seats.

* albeit not actionable, it does not damage their reputation in a big way, but forms part of the overall false picture painted
** We would probably have lost still had we maintained the 2017 brexit policy position, but in different places and fewer seats.  I still think it was a decent policy to have a 2nd referendum, but too easily de-nuanced by opponents.  Such is politics, you get rewarded for deceitful slogans like "oven ready deal".

- “The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” - George Orwell -