Click to enlarge

Messaging Enabled

posted on 5/11/2023 10:16Re: whilst no doubt some who chant it do wish the destruction of Israel - Snout

I suspect it's a very small minority. Just like only a small minority who chant "always the victim, never to blame" are tragedy chanting about Hillsborough.

Does that make it offensive enough to be antisemetic and potentially a crime? No, say I, but I admit there have been some strange convictions in this territory of late, including that Tory MP the other day. Since when did rudeness and insensitivty (as per that incident) become a crime?

Anyway, I would rather the media focus on the very real and despicable threats of violence that have been made against Jews and led to Jewish schools near me doubling their security. Real hate crimes that need to be exposed and are hidden behind the froth about the chant.

Braverman is a fascist and is deliberately using this as an excuse to hide debate and to try and label anything the Tories don't like as extremism. Her calling the peace marches "hate marches" is the very height of doublespeak. Don't abet her, as the path she wants to tread will deprive everyone of their rights.

- I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn’t it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? -