Click to enlarge

posted on 20/6/2020 10:01I think it is massive - Gramsci.

Age is a massive challenge for Labour - how do we extend our appeal to the middle-aged and old without switching off the young? - your graph confirms it.  I don't see any false narrative at all.  Certainly not from me.

That report summary (bitterblue's original post) misses the issue.

The most populous group 65+ is very Tory and more likely to vote Tory and we are increasingly losing them and their next successors.  You graph shows it.

And, to support my stance,  from the very page you link to:

"Age continues to be a key dividing line, and in fact the age divide has increased even further since 2017.  Labour had a 43 point lead among voters aged 18-24 (the Conservative share actually fell eight points among this group), but the Conservatives had a 47 point lead among those aged 65+ (among whom Labour’s vote share fell by 8 points).  The biggest change was among 35-54 year olds, who saw a three point rise in the Conservatives’ vote share and 11 point fall for Labour, representing a seven point swing from Jeremy Corbyn’s party to Boris Johnson’s Conservatives."

- “The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” - George Orwell -